MY FIRST BRAND NEW CAR

My first brand new car is a Proton Saga 1.5S. It used an orient engine, light blue in colour and the price is rm22,000.00. The car is the first Malaysian made car which is just launched by the Prime Minister Dr Mahathir Mohammad(July 1985). All Malaysian was very proud of our own made car. I ordered the car in July 1985 (with the deposite of rm500.00), and the car came out in September 1985. The Proton Saga came out with two versions, 1.3 and 1.5S. There are only three colours at that time. And the colour are white, light blue and light green only. The price of the 1.3 version is only rm19,000.00. The registeration number of my car is JBJ 42 which I booked it at rm35.00 only. Its all fully manual. No power steering, no automatic gear, no power window and no central locking. The beauty of the car is that it is a brand new model. I borrowed rm18,000.00 from the goverment loan and the balance was given by my late father in law. I pay monthly installment loan at rm300.00 by deducting from my pay slip.

Hahaha..... Im very happy and proud of my brand new car.

But alas! In 1991 the car had an accidient. A very bad one. The driver of the car (its me) had a broken jaw and have to take one and the half month of medical leave. At last after a long journey (nearly seven years), the car was sold at rm15,000.00 in the same year.

Bye bye my Proton Saga 1.5S.

0 comments: