IM THE FIRST AND IM THE LAST

In 1958 when I first entered school (Standard One) at Sekolah Umum Bandar Pontian, the use of "papan batu" for writting, was changed to "papan kapur". Meaning, the using of pencil made of stone was change to chalk for writting. Yes Im the First!

In 1961, I passed my SMC (Special Malay Class) examination in order for me to enter English school. That year was the last SMC Exam. After that no more chance for the Malay medium student to study in the English School. I went to Sekolah Mahmood Iskandar Pontian which is an English medium school in 1962. Yes Im the Last!

In 1964, when I was in Standard Six, the exam to enter Form One was abolished throughout Malaya. Yes Im the First!

In 1965, when I was studying in Form Three of Sekolah Menengah Sri Perehentian Pontian, the examination to to enter Form Four was made "objective". Just tick and tick only. Yes Im the First!

In 1969, when I was in Form Five, I took SC (Senior Cambriage) and MCE (Malaysian Certificate of Education) exam at the same time. After 1969, SC was abolished. Yes Im the Last!

0 comments: